Latest News

Winter LNG spot price volatility

Asian LNG and Southern European hub prices surged this winter, opening a premium to Northern Europe. Is this evidence of an end to the LNG glut before it began?

UK power: will next winter be a repeat of this one?

UK power prices spiked as system stress set in this winter. But will the new EA capacity auction results act to dampen prices and volatility next winter?

Interconnector value & the cross-channel tug of war

It has been an explosive winter in European power markets. High prices, spikes and volatility are back. So is the extrinsic value of interconnector capacity.

Timera Energy

5 surprises for 2017

In today’s article we consider 5 surprises for 2017, covering: macro shocks, Asian LNG demand, asset transactions, capacity markets and gas supply flexibility

The impact of LNG imports on hub price volatility

LNG imports are often presented as a source of flexibility that competes with storage to dampen spot price volatility. The practical reality is more complex.

Progressing up the mountain of LNG

Only 30% of the mountain of new LNG supply has so far been commissioned. LNG market evolution from 2017-20 will focus on how the remaining 70% is absorbed.

About Timera Energy

Timera Energy is a specialist energy consultancy focused on flexible gas, LNG and power assets.

Our Team has extensive experience from commercial & analytical roles in the energy industry.

Our Clients include industry leading producers, utilities and funds.

Our Credentials illustrate with case studies how we deliver practical solutions to our clients.